What will happen to me when I die?
Am I good enough to get into heaven?
Is this all there is to life?
I am so hopeless. Is there any hope in this world?
The answer to all these questions on some level is another question, do you know Jesus Christ is your Savior? If you do, dig into the Word and get to know the one whose name you claim.
If not, let me give you a little help.
- You are a sinner. You do stuff wrong all the time. Now, don’t get defensive, I do too. A lot. Every day. I can be short tempered, unkind, disrespectful, disobedient, self righteous, and rude, and that is before I get out of the house! And because sin is so bad (and sin is sin – no such thing as big sins or little sins in God’s economy) we cannot be with God. And the worst part is that according to Romans 3:23, the result of sin is death. That means as long as we hold onto those sins, we can only look forward to death.
- We were created by a holy, loving God, and He wants a relationship with us. And since He made us to need that relationship, we are created with a craving for that relationship with Him. All would be great except for point number 1, the sin. That sin separates us from our holy God. As hard as we try to be good, we can never be good enough. Its just not possible.
Remember that I said that God wants that relationship with you? Well, He gave us a solution to our problem.
He wrapped Himself in flesh and came and lived among us. His name is Jesus, and he lived a life that you and I are unable to live, a perfect one without sin. Then He, as foretold in Scripture, was killed in the most horrible way in place of you and me. He took the weight of my sins and yours and carried them as He died on the cross. He was taken down off the cross and buried.
But it doesn’t end there.
He rose from the dead. Not a ghost, not a vision, but alive. Really, really alive. And because He lives, we get to connect with God – because Jesus died in our place. He took my punishment for me. He suffered and died so I don’t have to. And He did the same for you.
He did His part. He willingly took your sin and paid the price for you. Now, He gives you an invitation.
Your part is to admit your need, accept His death in your place, and ask Him to close the gap and live inside your heart forever. You can talk to Jesus like you talk to a friend. Here is it in a list:
- Tell Jesus you are a sinner – you have done bad things, knowing they are bad.
- Tell Jesus you believe that He died for your sins.
- Tell Jesus you are sorry.
- Invite Jesus to be with you forever. Tell Him you are tired of trying to do this alone and that you need Him and His power in your life and your heart.
That’s it. It isn’t hard. He has made it easy for us if we will humble ourselves, and admit our need of Him. Your problems will not magically disappear, but you will never again face them alone. You have an advocate and an ally for the rest of your life, and a secure future.
If you, today, made the most important decision in your life, please use the form below and let me know, so I can pray and thank God for you!
You need to find other followers of Jesus and connect with them. It is extremely important to connect; Jesus showed us that in His time here on earth. Also, you need to begin to disciple yourself by reading the Bible. There are some great reading plans online. You can checkout the free Discipleship Study and the Bible studies in the Going Deeper section of this site.
And we are now family. We have the same Father and we will meet, you and I, either here or in the presence of our Lord. How exciting is that!